The Educate, Engage, Motivate! Initiative is an educational solution specific to energy efficiency for Spanish speaking, English speaking and low-income communities. It is a solution that influences behavior, and encourages people to take action to reduce their energy use and carbon footprint by at least 10%.
The Educate, Engage, Motivate! Initiative’s primary goals are to:
Educate by delivering relevant and compelling energy efficiency education, information and resources – relevant to how people live and work.
Engage Spanish speaking, English speaking and low-income communities in energy efficiency and energy saving conversations through online, social media and community events.
Motivate 380,000 people in 2012 and 540,000 people in 2013 to reduce their energy use and carbon footprint by 10%.
The Educate, Engage, Motivate! Initiative’s program elements:
I. Two Websites that serve as educational resource centers:
• Spanish Website: www.conversaciondeconservacion.com
• English Website: www.conservationconversations.com
• Websites that offer energy efficiency information to the Spanish speaking, English speaking and low-income communities to use as they make energy decisions at home and at work.
II. Local Events and Workshops
• Events at community centers, schools, retail centers and libraries
• Workshops designed to be educational as well as interactive and interesting
III. Social Media and Online Communities
• Blogs and tweeting with a community focus
• Live and recorded webinars available to people when they are interested in learning more about energy efficiency and want to join a learning community
IV. Targeted Promotion
• Targeted promotion to the communities Conversación de Conservación® and Conservation Conversations® serve
V. Market Research, Tracking and Reporting
• Establish baselines through primary research. Implement a market research plan that measures ongoing impact and opportunities for program and market expansion.
• Tracking and reporting impact on behavior through website visits, surveys, participation on social media forums and coupons used
• Quarterly reporting on events, attendance, participation, website traffic, social media followers, change in behavior, etc…