These are some water statistics from nextbigfuture.com.
* Of all water on earth, 97 % is salt water, and of the remaining 3 % fresh water, some 70% is frozen in the polar icecaps. The other 30% is mostly present as soil moisture or lies in underground aquifers.
* Less … Read More
Posted on March 30th, 2011
Today we found a website that shows the total electricity by state, per capita & per $ GDP. It is amazing to see the difference in the top 5 based on each category! Find where your state fits in!
#2 South Carolina
Per … Read More
Posted on March 28th, 2011
Natural gas was used by the ancient peoples of Greece, Persia, and India many centuries ago. The people were amazed by the burning springs created when natural gas seeping from cracks in the ground were ignited by lightning. About 500 BC the Chinese recognized that natural gas could be … Read More
Posted on March 23rd, 2011
Electricity has always been around because it naturally exists in the world.
Despite what you may have learned, Benjamin Franklin did not “invent” electricity. Electricity wasn’t invented: it’s properties were discovered, examined and explained.
600 AD Thales of Miletus in ancient Greece is one the of the earliest writers when … Read More
Posted on March 21st, 2011
Safety is a top priority for utility companies and CenterPoint Energy has an Emergency Operation Plan that was implemented and they were able to get the situation in Minneapolis under control in less than 2 hours. The gas utility company has said there were no injuries and none … Read More
Posted on March 18th, 2011
In this website for GasBuddy.com you can search for the best gas prices in your area. You can search by city, state or zip code.
Posted on March 16th, 2011
Gas prices are rising and we are always looking for ways to save!!
1. Save gas while driving your car by making slow, smooth accelerations.
* During acceleration your vehicle uses the most fuel per gallon. By using slow, smooth acceleration technique you can stretch the mileage … Read More
Posted on March 14th, 2011
Our Current Conservation Library Program links conservation education and behavior.
You can see it online at Current Conservation Library Program
Posted on March 11th, 2011
*Natural gas was formed deep under the earth about 100 million years ago.
*There are more than one million miles of underground gas pipelines across the United States.
*More than half of all the homes in the United States use natural gas – almost 62 million families.
*Natural gas was discovered many … Read More
Posted on March 11th, 2011
This Manitoba Hydro website has some interesting facts about electricity.
Posted on March 9th, 2011