- Keep your freezer stocked. Frozen items in the freezer help keep the other items frozen. You can add containers or bags of ice if you are unable to keep your freezer full of food.
- Don’t use your icemaker. A constantly running icemaker could increase energy usage by as much as 20%. To prevent your icemaker from running, just lift the drip wire that switches it off when the ice container is full.
- Use energy-saving cycles whenever possible
- If you have a booster hearer, turn down your water heater thermostat
- Use the no-heat air-dry feature on your dishwasher
- Don’t pre-rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher
- Wash only full loads